October 27, 2008

You are Unique! - Weekly Study


Teach children they are one of a kind created by God and for God's purpose.

What you'll Need to Prepare;
Picture of Each Child
Puzzle Piece
Scissors

I did prep work in advance for this as it took quite a while to cut out my five "puzzles". I printed a picture of each of us on an 8 1/2 x 11" paper. Then took a large puzzle piece and traced the outline of it on the back of each photo. Then just cut the pattern. Mine made 15 piece puzzles and I put them in sandwich baggies until ready to use.


Read Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, i set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."


Talk
How God made each of them, each of us, and He knew us even before Mommy or Daddy did.
How God knows every part of them inside and out and he put them together like no one else on earth.
God created them with a special plan that no one else has.
God loves them because they are His children.

Play
Get out the Puzzles and let them discover how UNIQUE they are!
As they work their puzzles talk about how there is only one way they fit together and no other person's puzzle can fit into theirs. They are UNIQUE and perfect just the way they are, just the way God made them.


A great book to read along with this study is "God Loves You" - see my Book blog from 10/20.

No comments: