November 26, 2008

Remember "God Says"

This is a verse reference sheet we've printed out for each of us in our family to keep at our fingertips for any moment... I hope you find use for it too. Print it out, carry it with you, hang it in a cupboard or on a mirror - see God's word and let it breathe life into you when you're feeling troubled.

You Say - It's Impossible
God Says - All things are possible
The Word Says - See Luke 18:27 - "Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with men is possible with God."

You Say - I'm too tired.
God Says - I will give you rest.
The Word Says - Matthew 11:28 - "Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."

You Say - Nobody loves me.
God Says - I love you.
The Word Says - John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

You Say - I can't do it.
God Says - You can do all things.
The Word Says - Philippians 4:13 - "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

You Say - I'm afraid.
God Says - Do not be scared.
The Word Says - Hebrews 13:6 - "So we say with confidence the Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid, what can men do to me?"

You Say - I feel alone.
God Says - I will never leave you.
The Word Says - Hebrews 13:5 - "...never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."

You Say - It's not worth it.
God Says - It will be worth it.
The Word Says - Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for good for those who love him and have been called according to his purpose."

You Say - I can't go on.
God Says - My grace is enough.
The Word Says - 2 Corinthians 12:9 - "He said to me, my grace is sufficient for you."

You Say - I'm worried.
God Says - Give me your worries.
The Word Says - I Peter 5:7 - "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

You Say - I can't forgive.
God Says - I forgive you.
The Word Says - Romans 8:1 - "There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

No comments: